Virtual Governance and Risk Forum 2020
Monday 11 and Tuesday 12 May 2020
The impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on organisations across all sectors has been immediate and extraordinary.
Our immediate task is to step up and efficiently deliver the information, resources and the most effective discussion forums to best support you — our members and the broader governance and risk management community — as you respond to this evolving crisis.
With this in mind, we invite you to join our first-ever Virtual Governance and Risk Forum.
Drawing on the style and format of our original state-based forum, this two-day online event offers you an accessible platform to join a highly relevant and information-rich forum from the comfort of your home.
Agility. Resilience. Impact.
This year’s agenda is anchored by a timely theme: Agility. Resilience. Impact.
As organisations across the globe work to understand and manage the unique threats and emerging crises from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, this program unpacks the ground realities and state of play.
Business leaders from across key sectors will share their expertise and insights on adaptable strategies and frameworks for responsible governance and agile risk management at this unprecedented time. They will also outline how you can maintain a long-term vision and goals during such all-encompassing disruption.
- State of play — the national and global economic and policy impact and the changes to monetary and fiscal policy
- The response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) threat — people, operations, supply chain, demand, stakeholder engagement and finance
- Focusing regulatory efforts on meeting the challenge of COVID-19
- Managing the wellness and efficiency of the remote workforce
- Bushfires and COVID-19 — focus on pressing environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues
- Legal and compliance challenges, regulatory shields, directors’ and officers’ duties
- Business models — risk, resilience and recovery
- Examining the integrity of the risk management plan when faced with a novel threat
- Challenges for Company Secretaries and Chief Risk Officers
Your unique opportunity
- Hear from a stellar line-up of speakers from across Australia and overseas
- Join from Australia or overseas
- Access a digital community of governance and risk management professionals to discuss the challenges before, during and after the event
- Gain insights into how your peers and business leaders are working across and within organisations for better national outcomes
- Join the event live or watch sessions on-demand at your convenience
- Julia Banks, Business Leader & Former Federal MP
- Stephen Walters, Chief Economist, NSW Treasury
- Andrew Humpherson, CEO & Managing Director, Barton Deakin
- Mark Allison, Managing Director, Elders
- Joanna Knox, Chief Risk Officer, Telstra
- Matt Mueller FGIA FCIS, Chief Information Officer, Iluka
- Kevin Lewis FGIA, Chief Compliance Officer, ASX
- Mark Salomon, Group Risk Manager, Vicinity Centres
- Michael Rasmussen, GRC 20/20 Research (USA)
- John Price, Commissioner, Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Dr Gary Johns, Commissioner, Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
Who should attend?
Those working in governance and risk management roles in the listed, non-listed, public and not-for-profit sectors, including:
- company secretaries
- governance professionals
- chief risk officers and risk managers
- legal counsel
- c-suite, executive leadership and all senior managers.
Interested in partnering with us?
With a membership of over 7,500 chartered secretaries, governance leaders and risk managers from some of Australia’s largest organisations, Governance Institute of Australia is the only fully independent professional association with a sole focus on governance excellence. For 110 years, our education, research, advocacy, and support networks have provided cutting edge governance and risk management advice to Australian business leaders from all walks of life. We celebrate Australia’s successes, and challenge it to be even better. Learn more