Ethics, Culture and Governance - Virtual
Tuesday 30 August 2022
01:00 PM to 04:30 PM AEST
Virtual course via Zoom
Australian Eastern Standard Time
Cost (Inc GST)
This short course is presented via Zoom Meetings and starts 1:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.
This half-day course aligns with the changing expectations of stakeholders, regulators and Principle 3 of the ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (4th edition) 'Instil a culture of acting lawfully, ethically and responsibly'.
The course aims to operationalise the ASX Corporate Governance Principle 3 consistently with your compliance obligations.
You'll receive an overview of contemporary tools and techniques for developing and instilling an ethical corporate culture, in addition to a focus on learning how to assess whether an organisation is in control of its culture.
The key objectives are to:
- define ethics and its role in governance
- evaluate your organisation’s ethical culture
- articulate the ethical culture your organisation seeks to achieve and understand how to reveal its true value to stakeholders
- plan practical steps using tools and techniques for developing and instilling an ethical corporate culture.
This course is a Certificate elective and you'll gain 3.5 CPD hours.
When did the 4th edition of the ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations take effect?
The 4th edition of the ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations took effect for an entity’s first full financial year commencing on or after 1 January 2020. Accordingly, entities with a 31 December balance date are expected to measure their governance practices against the recommendations in the 4th edition commencing with the financial year ended 31 December 2020. Entities with a 30 June balance date are expected to measure their governance practices against the recommendations in the fourth edition commencing with the financial year ended 30 June 2021.
Who should attend?
The course content and objectives are relevant to all organisational types, and offers essential learning for:
- senior governance or risk management professionals
- CEOs or C-suite executives
- company secretaries
- non-executive directors
Attendance and completion of this course is cross recognisable with the Legal Practice Board of WA CPD hours in:
- Staff management and human resources - 1.0 hrs
- Gender equity and diversity - 1.0 hrs
- Conflicts of interest 1.0 hrs
- Consideration of the role ethics play in corporate governance and how to instil a culture of acting lawfully and ethically - 2.0 hrs.
How the course will be delivered
This half-day course delivered virtually via zoom AEST is facilitated by an experienced trainer with practical governance/risk management experience. You will learn from the facilitator, from your peers and by examining case studies which will support your post-course application of knowledge in the workplace.
Members of Governance Institute receive a discount of up to $120 per subject — find out if you are eligible.