Short courses & Certificates
All of our short courses are available online. View our resource hub for the latest information about coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our short courses offer practical knowledge and skills in governance and risk management that can be readily applied in your workplace. Each course only takes half a day to complete and can be taken face-to-face or online at your own pace.
Combine six short courses to complete a Certificate — the gateway to membership with Governance Institute and industry-recognised postnominals GIA(Affiliated). Choose from:
- Certificate in Governance Practice
- Certificate in Governance and Risk Management
- Certificate in Governance for Not-for-Profits.
Who should complete our courses and Certificates?
Whether you are a new company secretary, experienced C-suite executive or an executive assistant in any sector — you’ll be equipped with the right skills and tools to support good governance and risk management practices in your role.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain practical knowledge and skills that you can readily apply in your workplace.
- Strengthen your current position or launch a new career in governance or risk management.
- Make a valued contribution to governance practices in your organisation.
- Network with presenters, other governance professionals and senior managers at face-to-face tutorials.
- Gain Affiliate membership with Governance Institute.
Other courses you may be interested in
- The Effective Director Course
- Working in Sport Essentials
- In-house training — tailored training onsite to upskill your entire team
Find out more
If you would like to speak to a Governance Institute adviser about your study options, please call us on 1800 251 849 (toll-free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.