Three sessions accountants can’t afford to miss at #GRMF2020
In the year following the revelations of the Royal Commissions, the focus on governance and the risk of poor governance has never been sharper. For accounting professionals, this is a time when your skills, insights and best practice are central to organisational success and value.
We are delighted to bring you the Governance and Risk Management Forum 2020, a two-day program that offers deep and unique insights into how organisations are reframing their governance thinking to strengthen frameworks and practice.
Here are three sessions you can’t afford to miss at #GRMF2020
- Panel session: ESG: Thought leadership — from ethical to social to ESG integration
Australian ESG leaders including Måns Carlsson-Sweeney, Dr Darian McBain and others will join a panel to discuss the materiality of ESG to the short and long term value of the organisation and how the social and environmental factors influence investment decision making. The pressing ESG issues, we’ll look at include:
• climate change risk
• regulatory risk
• supply chain and distribution disruption
• modern slavery
• transitional risk.
- Focus session: Centre stage — Transparency and accountability
Strengthening of accountability frameworks is one of the key directions to come out of the Financial Services Royal Commission and from the CBA APRA Report. In this focus session, you will look at:
• the complexities of accountability in modern organisations
• the identification of those accountable
• the mapping of accountability.
- Presentation: Business model risk: Where strategy and risk intersect
Presentation: Business model risk: Where strategy and risk intersect
Hear about how sound the business model is, and consider some of the underlying factors that each business model relies on. You’ll then examine the risks posed by this reliance and how strategic planning can mitigate those risks.
Key speakers of interest will include:
• Patrick Regan, Chief Executive Officer, QBE Insurance Group (NSW)
• Julia Banks, Former Federal Member of Parliament (VIC)
• Andrea Staines OAM, Non-executive Director, Uniting Care Queensland, SeaLink Travel (QLD)
• Melanie Williams FGIA, Head of Legal (Corporate) & Company Secretariat, South 32 (WA)
• Stephen Knoll MP, Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Local Government, Minister for Planning (SA)
This agenda is rich with thought-provoking discussions on governance and risk management with deep relevance for accounting professionals. Don’t miss your opportunity to be part of this discussion, wherever you are. Early bird tickets are available now, save up to $175.
Find a forum in your state: