No longer negotiable: Culture in the spotlight at Governance Institute’s National Conference 2021
With an unravelling of culture a major contributor to business failure in recent times, Governance Institute of Australia has made this the overarching theme of its National Conference 2021.
To be held virtually on September 1-2, more than 45 speakers will drill down on how culture impacts leadership, decision-making, and skilling.
The full program can be found here.
Governance Institute CEO Megan Motto said the theme is part of a deliberate strategy to focus attention on critical culture issues – and problems – currently pervasive in organisations across Australia.
“We have seen in 2021 multiple governance failures across government, business, and aged care,” Ms Motto said.
“The one common factor between all of them is a failure in culture. Especially now, as we navigate what will be a long period of uncertainty, the one thing we cannot afford to ignore is culture. Culture is both the strongest and weakest link. This means we must ensure we understand it, frame it, monitor it and measure it.”
Key National Conference speakers include:
- ASIC Deputy Chair, Karen Chester
- AFL Executive General Manager, Inclusion and Social Policy, Tanya Hosch.
- Infrastructure Australia CEO, Romilly Madew
- Ramsay Health Care Group Chief Medical Officer, Professor Sir Edward Byrne AC
- Virgin Australia International and Suncorp Group Non-executive Director, Lindsay Tanner
- Google Vice President, Product Management, and Wesfarmers Non-executive Director, Anil Sabharwal
- Super Retail Group Chair Dr Sally Pitkin AO
- HSBC and State Super Non-executive Director, Carol Austin
- Lendlease and Macquarie Group Non-executive Director, and 30% Club Australia Chair, Nicola Wakefield Evans.
- ASX Ltd, Cochlear and Santos Non-executive Director, Yasmin Allen
- ZipCo Chair, Diane Smith Gander
- Energy Security Board Chair, Dr Kerry Schott AO
- Westpac Business Bank Chief Economist, Besa Deda
- ANZ Bank, Origin Energy, Scentre Group Non-executive Director, Ilana Atlas AO.
– ENDS –
Media contact: Hannah Edwards, Senior Manager, Media & Communications, 0403 024 149, firstname.lastname@example.org.