On 28 November 2018, ASX released a major consultation paper Simplifying, clarifying and enhancing the integrity and efficiency of the ASX listing rules proposing a significant number of changes to the Listing Rules (‘LR’) to:
- improve market disclosures and market integrity
- make the LR simpler and easier to follow
- introduce efficiencies
- update the timetables for corporate actions
- enhance ASX’s powers to monitor and enforce compliance, and
- correct gaps or errors in the LR,
along with a number of new and updated Guidance Notes (‘GN’).
ASX received 48 submissions in the consultation.
On 10 October 2019, ASX released a detailed consultation response, with 171 pages of LR changes, five amended LR appendix forms, and six new and 12 updated GNs. These documents are available at: https://www.asx.com.au/regulation/public-consultations.htm.